Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (8)

Welcome to Waiting on Wednesday! Waiting on Wednesday a weekly event that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.

I absolutely LOVE everything Libba Bray writes. I am a forever fan of her books. I can't wait until this one comes out. I know it's going to be phenomenal!!!

Beauty Queens
by Libba Bray
Hardcover, 400 pages
Expected publication: May 24th 2011
by Scholastic Press

From bestselling, Printz Award-winning author Libba Bray, the story of a plane of beauty pageant contestants that crashes on a desert island.

Teen beauty queens. A "Lost"-like island. Mysteries and dangers. No access to email. And the spirit of fierce, feral competition that lives underground in girls, a savage brutality that can only be revealed by a journey into the heart of non-exfoliated darkness. Oh, the horror, the horror! Only funnier. With evening gowns. And a body count.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I love Libba Bray- Going Bovine and the Gemma Doyle series was FANTASTIC! I can't wait until this one come out! Thanks for sharing. Here's my WOW:
http://thebucketlist-gn.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-what-we-keep-is.html
Happy reading!

sinn said...

LoL, that looks awesome!! After reading the Great and Terrible Beauty series, I really fell in love with her writing style. This book definitely looks like a winner! Hmm, it might find its way on my TBR pile. Off to Amazon *^_^*

If you're interested, I'm having a <a href='http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com/2011/04/did-you-say-giveaway.html">giveaway</a> on my blog.

Jennifer A said...

I'm really excited for this one also! I haven't read any of Libba Bray's books, but John Green recommends this book, so I really want to check it out.

Great choice! :)

Jennifer of Little Shelf

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...